PreyApril 12, 2007
An American family on holiday in Africa becomes lost in a game reserve and stalked by lions.
Release Year: 2007
Rating: 4.5/10 (3,853 voted)
Stars: Bridget Moynahan, Peter Weller, Carly Schroeder
While working in a dam in Africa, the American hydraulic engineer Tom Newman brings his family to spend a couple of days in the Leopard's Rest Lodge. His fourteen year-old daughter Jessica is having friction with her stepmother Amy since she does not accept the divorce of her parents. On the next morning, Amy, Jessica and her brother David go in a game drive with a ranger while Tom goes to the dam. While driving off-road, David asks the ranger to stop the jeep to go to the "toilet", and unexpectedly they are attacked by a group of starving lions that kill and eat the ranger. Amy, Jessica and David are trapped in the jeep and stalked by the wild lions. When Tom returns to the hotel and finds that his family has not returned from the game, he asks for help to the experienced hunter and guide Crawford and together they seek Tom's family.
Writers: Darrell Roodt, Beau Bauman
(as Connor Dowds)
Rescue Chopper Ranger
Ranger at Airstrip
(as Tumisho K. Masha)
Ranger in Radio Room
King Air Pilot 1
King Air Pilot 2
Out here, you're the endangered species…
Official site [South Africa] |
Release Date: 12 April 2007
Filming Locations: South Africa
101 Ways to Doom Yourself
As a thriller, I'd rate this one a 2. But as a comedy it gets a 4! If
you like razzing a movie, this is really a good target.
Alternate title, comedy: "101 Ways to Doom Yourself." (Not really)
Top 13 on the list:
1. Carry a gun with lions around; they seem to find it a capital
offense to pack heat.
2. When lost, off-roading in an emergency, speed away from the road you
came from, blindly through the trees, downhill.
3. And for God's sake, don't use the brakes.
4. When uncertain about the intentions of strangers, just split up —
especially if they are armed and have recently killed something.
5. When tracking man-eating lions, run wildly through the brush. The
higher the brush, the better.
6. When maintaining morale in life-threatening situations, assert any
authority you don't have to those around you.
7. When stranded, refrain from taking inventory; if you must do it,
wait until at least three people have died.
8. When glass and metal aren't a strong enough blockades, use pillows.
9. Hot-wiring a car is unethical. Don't even think about it.
10. When driving through the desert, carry at most 1/8 of a bottle of
water per person.
11. When running low on water in the desert, use only your hands to
drink the rain. Never fill water bottles or other containers, unless
the containers have a rustic feel that goes with the desert's
12. When traveling through vast, sparsely populated, potentially
dangerous terrain, notify no one of your destination or whereabouts. In
fact, don't even carry any long-range radio or satellite communications
13. Oh, and scream a lot. It entertains the lions.